CURRENT WEATHER & RIVER CONDITIONS
Weather conditions can sometimes change very rapidly. So what looked like a cloudless sky early in the morning, can change into an afternoon filled with thunderstorms with lightning. So, we try to post changes regularly on this page.
Although it may not have rained at your house or even at River Country for days, we may still be experiencing high river conditions on the Delaware River. River conditions that are deeper than normal can prevent certain age groups from participating OR prevent everyone from participating.
Having fun at River Country is indeed awesome, yet we will NOT risk lives, we have certain safety guidelines that we have adapted through 52 years of experience to make sure that our most important asset (YOU), stays safe.
Although it is subjective (personal opinion) whether the river is “cold”, we insist that when you arrive at River Country, that you walk down to our beach area and feel the water with your hand or your feet, especially if you plan on tubing.
Rafting, canoeing or kayaking is a great alternative should you feel that the water is not a “good” temperature for you. We often permit changing your tubing reservation (timing and availability permitting) often for a nominal upgrade fee. Have questions? To contact us, please email us at [email protected].
The predicted River conditions for today: CLOSED FOR THE 2022 SEASON
THE RIVER IS PREDICTED TO BE APPROXIMATELY 2 FT ABOVE NORMAL. PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE A SAFE AND FUN TRIP:
• TUBING – NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 8-IF PARENTS INSIST, THEY MUST TIE TUBES.
• CANOEING AND KAYAKING – SHOULD HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE, NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 8.
• RAFTING – AVAILABLE FOR ALL AGES.
1. PARENTAL SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED FOR ANYONE UNDER AGE 18.
2. DO NOT GET OUT OF THE BOAT OR TUBE TO SWIM. THE WATER IS OVER YOUR HEAD AND THE CURRENT IS DANGEROUSLY STRONG! LIFE JACKETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
3. STAY AWAY FROM SHORELINE AND ISLANDS AS THERE ARE TREES, ETC THAT YOU COULD GET CAUGHT IN -EXCEPT FOR THE END OF TRIP WHEN YOU MUST GET OVER TO SHORELINE TO LAND YOUR BOAT.
4. WHEN YOU SEE THE RIVER PIERS (APPROXIMATELY 1 MILE NORTH) BEGIN MAKING YOUR WAY TO THE PA. SHORELINE (RIGHT HAND SIDE) AND FLOAT ALONG SHORELINE.
5. THE TRIPS ARE RUNNING FASTER TODAY.